NAPC and SEMG Begin Chronic Care Management Program
Select North Atlanta Primary Care and Southeast Medical Group clinics will now begin accepting patients for our Chronic Care Management Program.
You may have questions about the program such as who can enroll, what the benefits are, and how to get started, so we're here to talk CCM!
What is Chronic Care Management (CCM)?
Chronic Care Management (CCM) is a patient outreach program for Medicare beneficiaries with two or more chronic conditions. CCM is designed as non-face-to-face clinical staff time (under the direction of a physician or other qualified healthcare professional). Some examples of qualifying conditions include, but are not limited to:
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Infectious Diseases (such as HIV - AIDS)
What is the Purpose of CCM?
The purpose of Chronic Care Management is to form a medical team around the needs of individual patients, allowing us to provide personalized care, guide their medical care plan, practice better preventive health care, decrease hospitalizations, more effectively manage their chronic conditions, and improving their overall health.
What are the Benefits of CCM?
There are many benefits for CCM patients during and between office visits.
Patients who are eligible, but do not enroll could experience the following drawbacks:
- Limited communication with their provider/office
- Hospitalizations may happen without their provider’s immediate knowledge
- They may have trouble sticking to their assigned care plan
- They may have trouble taking some medications as instructed
- For an urgent need, they might call their nurse and ask to speak to their provider ASAP but may not be able to get in touch
Patients who are eligible and enroll in CCM can experience the following benefits:
- Constant communication with our responsive CCM team
- Medication list already reviewed and updated by CCM team
- Medication changes are made and communicated automatically to CCM team
- Additional orders and/or referrals are made and communicated automatically to CCM team
- Minimum of 20 minutes per month spent with you to review medication list and care plan before your next office visit
- Reduced risk of hospitalization*
- CCM team will be constantly available to address urgent needs
Who is Eligible to Enroll in CCM?
To enroll in CCM, a patient must be on Medicare or Medicare Advantage, have two or more chronic conditions as well as an office visit within the past 12 months. Please call (888) 500-9466 to find out if you are eligible.
I'm Eligible and Interested! How Do I Enroll?
To enroll in our Chronic Care Management Program, please visit one of the following clinics:
More locations will begin enrolling CCM patients in the near future, so check back soon if you do not see your clinic!
I'm Enrolled in the CCM Program! What's Next?
CCM patients will receive a minimum of one call per month to discuss their health concerns and have any questions about their prescribed medications answered. Our responsive CCM team is always available to answer any further questions or concerns in between office visits!
There may be a small monthly out-of-pocket cost for some patients.
This concludes our Intro to CCM talk! For questions, please call (888) 500-9466.