Dr. John S. Antalis
Dalton - Dalton Primary Care
John S. Antalis
Is Accepting New Patients
About John S. Antalis
Dr. John Stephen Antalis, MD, is a board-certified Family Medicine Physician serving patients at Dalton Primary Care in Dalton, Georgia. Dalton Primary Care is the city’s newest primary care practice, led by Dr. Antalis himself, and is affiliated with Southeast Medical Group.
Born in Madison, Wisconsin, and raised in Charleston, South Carolina, Dr. Antalis pursued his undergraduate education at Wofford College in Spartanburg, South Carolina.
Dr. Antalis went on to earn his medical degree from St. Georges University of Medicine, followed by the successful completion of his residency program at Floyd Medical Center in Rome, Georgia. With an illustrious career, he has garnered a remarkable list of achievements and accolades:
- Chairman of the Georgia Composite Medical Board, July 2016-July 2017.
- Immediate Past Chairman of the Georgia Composite Medical Board, July 2017-2018.
- Alliant Health Quality Board of Directors, January 2018.
- Executive Committee Alliant Health Group, January 2020-Present, serving as Treasurer in 2022-2023.
- Appointed by the Chair of the House and Human Services of the Georgia General Assembly to be a ranking member of the Working Committee on CANDOR (HB 807), October 2021, and HB 470, January 2023.
- Fellow of the Federation of State Medical Boards- FSMB’s Workgroup on Reentry to Practice- April 2023.
- MAG Physician Health Care Resilience Task Force, May 2019-present, with the introduction of Georgia Safehaven in Georgia Legislature in January 2023.
- Chairman and Chief Executive of the MagMutual Foundation, June 2017-Present.
- WHO’s WHO 2017 Atlanta Business Chronicle Health-Care Quarterly, January 2017.
- President of the Medical Association of Georgia, 2004-2005.
- Georgia Composite Medical Board, March 2011-Present.
- MAG Mutual Board of Directors, 1999-Present.
- Alternate Delegate from Georgia AMA, 2005-Present.
- Continuous Contributing Author for the Medical Association of Georgia Journal since 2012.
- President of the Georgia Academy of Family Physicians, 1994-1995.
- Joseph P. Bailey Distinguished Service Award for Medical Service-2013.
- Georgia Family Physician of the Year, 1996.
- Safe Medication Expert Committee, United States: Pharmacopeia Quintennial, 2000-2005.
- Chairman of the Board, Medical Association of Georgia, 2001-2002.
- Whitfield County Board of Health, 1991-Present.
- Department of Community Health Drug Utilization Review Board, 2000-2004.
- Medicaid Drug Utilization Review Board, 1996-1999.
- Participated in the State of Health, Pay for Performance Debate at Fox Theatre, Atlanta, Georgia, November 30, 2005.
Dr. Antalis has demonstrated a steadfast commitment to the field of medicine and has made significant contributions to the healthcare community. He is a proud member of the Medical Association of Georgia, Georgia Composite Medical Board, American and Georgia Academies of Family Physicians, Whitfield County Board of Health, Alliant Health Group, and serves on the Credential Committee of Alliant Health Insurance.
His special medical interests include Internal Medicine, Allergy, and the removal of topical benign procedures via Electrocautery. He welcomes patients ages 18 and older.
While he focuses on providing exceptional medical services, Dr. Antalis also enjoys indulging in personal interests and hobbies such as sports, particularly golf, and ensures to spend quality time with his beloved wife, Cathy, in his leisure hours.
Floyd Medical Center
St. Georges University of Medicine